Exhibit Art Writing That Sells Your Art
Do you find it challenging to write about your art? You can be an accomplished artist, but if you can’t communicate what you do, then selling your art is tough. Get noticed with clear, concise art writing that describes your artistic process and inspirations.
To show or sell your art, you need to write art statements, biographies and proposals. And your website needs to do more than display your finished projects. Tell your story and sell your art with succinct creative writing that uses strong verbs, active voice and emotional power words.
Ditch the flowery, verbose language. Choose to start from scratch or fine-tune your existing art writing.
An artist bio is a short third-person biographical story. It describes your art practice and career. Your artist bio includes relevant information about how you became an artist.
- Grab your readers’ attention.
- Provide basic details.
- Focus on your artistic development.
- Share your influences.
- Describe your art.
Your art statement describes the process, inspirations and applications behind your art. Present your art statement from your viewpoint.
- Why do you do it?
- What inspires you?
- How do you create your art?
- What does it mean to you?
- Reveal your personality.
Give art curators a creative walkthrough of your proposed art exhibition. Bring the experience you imagine to life with words.
- Reveal what the audience sees and feels.
- Narrate what people will do.
- Explain what you will provide.
- Clarify what you need to make it happen.
Express yourself by writing about your art
And get better at it with help from Tina Dubinsky, a professional art writer.
Artists write about their art for all types of reasons. Art galleries desire exhibition proposals that make them take notice. Investors and art-lovers also want to discover more about your artist biography, and visitors to galleries and art shops wish to learn more about your art.
As a freelance copywriter with an artistic background, Tina Dubinsky helps artists just like you express their art in writing.
Art writing explores your history and how you became an artist. It also examines the history of art and how your art fits into it. Uncover the moments where your art surprises you, what defines it for you and your artistic journey.
Discover what makes your art different by exploring your artistic influences and processes.
Research to learn more about you
To reflect who you are and what your art expresses, Tina’s art writing services lifts your artist bio and art statement to the next level.
- A free consultation to uncover why art matters to you.
- An informative interview about a particular artwork or series.
- An enquiry into archival material to learn more about your influences and styles.
- An examination of your artworks to experience your creations.
- Reviews to learn what others share about your art.
Explore your art with an in-depth consultation and interview that covers:
- Processes – how you create your art.
- Influences – historical or personal inspirations, including mentors and past experiences.
- Education – your formal or informal training.
- Motivations – the reason you make art.
- Aims – what you aspire to achieve.
- Method – the experiments and techniques you use.
- Materials – what you use to create your art.
- Style and genre – artistic choices you make to express your art.
- Discoveries – the surprises or ah-ha moments you experience.
Writing about art with an easy to read style
Words can never replace your artistic experience, but carefully selected choices draw the reader into your world.
Short sentences and paragraphs with relevant words mixed into readable bites of information tell your story and support your art.
Had enough of the embellishments that leave you wondering about what you’re reading?
Present meaningful, concise, and structured writing.
Do you need art writing and editing services? Tina writes for art businesses and individual artists who are:
- Fine artists
- Print makers
- Visual artists
- Commercial artists
- Graphic designers
- Airbrush artists
- Mural artists
- Tatoo artists
- Fashion artists
- Wood turners
- Glass artists
- Scrap metal artists
- Script Writers
- Film Editors
- 3D modellers
- Digital illustrators
- Makeup artists
- Costume artists
- Cosplay artists
- Sign artists
- Voice over artists
- Video game artists
Unleash Your Creativity with Art Writing by Tina Dubinsky
Great art writing compliments your art. It helps you sell your art and ideas to collectors, art galleries, museums and art-lovers. Give your art statements and artist bios a makeover with Tina’s art editing service or review.
Start writing about your art with Tina’s art writing services. Book your free half-hour (no-obligation) consultation to discuss what writing you need to support your art.
Don’t miss out on art shows, competitions and exhibitions because you haven’t got your art writing ready.