Longform Article Writing
- 1,000 words or more.
- Narrative journalism.
- Creative non-fiction.
- Interactive elements.
- 1,000 words or more
- Opinion piece.
Rewrite of an existing longform article for the web.
- SEO optimised.
Longform articles are journalistic in style.
Longform articles range from 1,000 words to several thousand. They weave a spell binding story and are characterised by:
- Storytelling elements.
- Narrative journalism.
- Creative nonfiction.
- Use of multimedia.
- Use of gamification.
- Subjects as characters.
- A literary style.
- Immersing the reader emotionally and intellectually.
- In-depth research.
- Significant lead time.
I can work with your digital team to create stunning, quality stories. Or, I can work directly with your content management system (CMS) and installed storytelling plugins to create long-form journalistic articles.
Standard articles present original research
Standard articles are articles over 1,000 words presented in an essay, commentary, review, report or opinion format.
Like long-form articles, they may also contain original research and interactive elements, and be presented in a literary style. While they use a formal tone there is less emphasis on narrative journalism or creative non-fiction techniques.
Standard article writing includes:
- An essay on an artistic influence.
- The results of a research project or survey.
- A theoretical meditation.
- Exploration of a process from your studio with examples of your work.
A key consideration when writing an article, is that it provides an in-depth focus to a particular topic or theme.
Repurposing articles for the internet
A repurposed article is a rewrite of an existing long-form or standard article into quality web copy. I will rewrite your existing article or essay for the internet. This may include:
- Changing the language to suit an Internet audience.
- Use of shorter sentences and paragraphs.
- Inclusion of sub-headings and dot points.
- Use of keywords, transition words and copywriting techniques..
Add interactive elements such as links, polls or multimedia to increase your reader’s engagement.
Article writing differs from blog writing
While the world article also describes blog posts and I often use it interchangeably, my article writing services specifically relate to long, formal articles that are journalistic in style.
Posted less regularly than blogs, articles:
- Aim for a longer word count.
- Use a formal tone.
- Present verified facts.
- Reward visitors with new information.
- Include case studies.
However, aside from presenting factual information, article writing offers something different from your competitors’ content. I start article writing by researching the topic and building up a data of knowledge. Research includes:
- Reading through notes or data you have collected.
- Learning from experience.
- Traditional gathering of information through credible sources.
- Surveys, questionnaires and opinion polls.
- Discovering a unique perspective.
I don’t define different types of articles just by the number of words. Rather, I define an article type by its style. Long, formal articles gain the reader’s attention with:
- The choice of tone.
- Use of a persuasive voice.
- Insightful sharing of new knowledge.
- Creative techniques.
Want less formality? Try a blog article.
If you want less formal writing for your website, then try my blog writing services. A conversational tone separates longform article from blog articles. Blog posts vary in length from between 300 to 1,000 words and are published more regularly.